Your Otonomy profile is all about you! Some of the information you provide helps us to provide you with an awesome experience, while the balance allows you as a user to showcase yourself on the platform. Below is a summary of what information we ask for, explain when the information you provide is visible to other users, and what they can see.
- A brief description of you in the business world. This area allows you to showcase yourself to other users. If you are a buyer you can also add information here around what type of business you are looking for.
- Details about your current company and position (if applicable)
- Links to your current professional social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
What Can Other Users See About Me? – Your Profile Card
When you complete your profile the following information will be visible on your profile card. You can preview your public profile from the My Profile tab by clicking the ‘View My Profile As Others See It’ link at the top right of the page.
- Full Name
- Otonomy badge level attained
- City and Province
- Work Title
- Your Biography
- Links to your social media
When Can Other Users See My Information?
There are two ways for other Otonomy users to see your information:
- You post a business for sale listing. In this instance, your business listing will include your profile photo, name, title and a link to your profile card. If a user viewing your listing has not logged in and attained their Otonomy essentials badge they will only be able to see your first name and title and will not be able to access the profile card.
- You send a message to the lister of a business. When you message someone who has a business for sale they will be able to access your profile card from the message centre.